Sunday 15 June 2008

The Giant on his knees...

from a user's perspective at least... I am talking about yesterday.First time ever that I have been unable to access Google. No email, no search, no Google documents. I did not spend much time into this, so I can't claim to have investigated the cause. In all likelihood it was related to something on my side of the ISP given that during the outage I could not get a DNS lookup for Google.

However unlike this
blog entry that suggests Google is down use Live Search instead, choice is a good things yada yada (something with which I fundamentally agree) the same can't be said for other services such as email or documents.

Perhaps Gears can help a bit with that or one could write a utility to mirror documents between Google docs and Zoho... Any volunteers?

No comments: